Until a few decades ago, the word IVF (in vitro fertilization) was associated with a “mystery operation,” and most people’s understanding of it was that it was a fertility therapy that resulted in “test-tube babies.” People were sceptical of the procedure and worried about how much a “test-tube baby” would cost.
Today, infertility is a problem that affects one in every six couples; therefore, IVF treatments have gained considerable popularity and trust to fulfil the desire to have a child. There are a large number of gynaecologists in Lucknow to choose from, but you should focus on getting the best one. We’ll show you how to pick the best IVF centre in Lucknow in this article.
What Is In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)?
A woman’s egg and a man’s sperm normally meet inside the uterus and the egg is fertilized inside the woman’s body. A baby is born roughly nine months after the fertilized egg attaches to the uterine lining and grows. Natural or unassisted conception is the name given to this process.
In Vitro Fertilization or IVF is the process which helps a sperm artificially fertilize an egg and the fertilized egg is implanted in your uterus by combining medications and surgical procedures. The term “in vitro” refers to research conducted outside the human body. Fertilization occurs when the sperm attaches to the egg and enters it.
IVF refers to the employment of specialized medical treatments to assist a woman in becoming pregnant. It is usually used after preliminary; less extensive reproductive treatments have failed. The eggs are retrieved from the woman after a cycle of stimulation using hormonal drugs. The best of these eggs are then cultured and fertilised with sperm which is taken from the husband and processed.
The fertilized egg (zygote) is cultivated for 2–6 days before being implanted into the uterus of the same or a different woman in the hopes of a successful pregnancy. If the fertilized egg is inserted into the uterus of another woman, it is known as Surrogacy. Such a child has no genetic ties to the surrogate woman. As a result of various countries limiting or regulating IVF therapy, fertility tourism has emerged recently. IVF availability is also hampered by costs and the age at which a healthy pregnancy can be carried to term.
Which IVF clinic in Lucknow is the best?
The truth is that, except a handful, most of the top IVF centres in Lucknow have similar success rates. The solution to your inquiry isn’t in the centre, but what exactly are you seeking?
If your major concerns are ivf cost in lucknow and you want to consult the best gynaecologist in Lucknow with extensive experience, visit Dr. Sunita’s IVF you’re your fertility treatment.
It is preferable to be educated about the medications used at the centre, the procedure used in your case, and the number of days the embryos will be cultivated in the lab (Blastocyst Culture, etc.). A combination of the preceding reasons mainly causes the cost fluctuation. Blastocyst transfer cycles typically may be a little more costly, but also offer a better chance of attaining a pregnancy.
The following are some factors that you should consider when choosing your IVF centre –
- Accessibility – Because IVF therapy necessitates several visits for injections, ultrasounds, and pick-ups, you may want to seek treatment from a centre that is close to you or conveniently accessible and well-staffed to reduce waiting times.
- Male Reproductive Medicine Specialist – Infertility therapy is unique in that both partners must be treated or required to finish the process. A man finds it much more difficult to open up to a female doctor about his problems. As a result, look for a centre with a Male Reproductive Medicine specialist on staff. It makes dealing with awkward situations a lot simpler.
- Beginning to End – If you prefer to be seen by a doctor from beginning to end, from the commencement of your infertility treatment to the delivery of your baby, look for a centre that will care for you during your pregnancy and has an obstetrics section attached so that you can rely on antenatal care. Typically, such services are provided by teams within a multi-specialty hospital.
- Communication Channel – Because IVF therapy typically lasts a few months, it’s natural to have many questions. It’s advisable to choose a facility that allows you to ask small questions via phone, email, or WhatsApp. For small difficulties, you should not be expected to come to the centre in person.
- One-Stop Centre – If you don’t like running around, look for a facility that provides full treatment, including pathology, ultrasound, OTs for laparoscopic surgery, foetal monitoring during pregnancy, and the option of being admitted to a room for overnight care if necessary. The majority of premier clinics and centres now provide integrated pathology and laparoscopy. Doctors routinely refer patients to diagnostics for tests like HSG and foetal monitoring during pregnancy.
- ICU and NICU – If you are concerned about Ovum Pickup’s procedure’s risks and would prefer to be treated in a unit that is part of a multi-specialty hospital to receive critical care in the ICU if necessary, you should choose a centre that is part of a multi-specialty hospital.
- Lab Capabilities – The use of culture medium, disposables, and other items in the IVF/ICSI process has become safer and more standardized, thanks to advances in Embryology. Similar culture media and disposables are used by the majority of good centres. However, an Embryologist’s experience performing ICSI, Blastocyst Culture, Freezing and Warming of Embryos, and other procedures contributing to a lab’s success rate should be considered. Choose a facility that does Blastocyst culture, thaw ET cycles, oocyte freezing, and other functions regularly.
In the end, your willingness to go through the emotional and stressful journey that comes with picking the best IVF centre in Lucknow is all that matters. When it comes to your fertility, we recognize that time is of the essence.