The main causes:
Due to Female factors
Due to Male Factors
Due to combined factors
No cause found
In females, the causes could be:
- Irregular ovulation or egg production, hormonal imbalance 30%
- Tubal block 30%
- Problems in uterus like fibroids, adhesions, synechae congenital anomalies, chocolate cyst of ovaries 30%
- Unexplained 10%
Male contribute almost 40% to infertility.
The common reasons are:
- Low motility of sperms with normal or low count
- Varicococele, congenital absence of Vas deferens, Testicular dysfunction and hormonal imbalance
- A zoosperm is Obstructive & non obstructive.